Thursday, January 29, 2009

Help! It's Potty Training Time!

Ok, so I finally decided I'm going to get Treyson potty trained. We've been working on if for a week or so, but I haven't been all that consistant. I usually do good in the mornings and then slack off, but no more! I'm getting this done! Treyson does pretty good with going pee pee in the potty, but I don't think he quite gets the poop part. He will "tute" as you would politely say and then run to the the potty, but that's all that ever happens. So anyway, the reason I'm blogging about this is, I NEED ADVICE!!! If your like me, I don't remember much about potty training, but maybe someone out there does or has just went through it. I would especially like some advice from anyone who has potty trained a little boy. So if anyone out there can help me, PLEASE DO!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I tried so many times with Brandon to potty train him. He just didn't get it. I finally asked the doctor at one of his checkups what to do. He said that he probably wasn't ready yet and that when it "clicked" he would be ready. So, I took a passive approach. Every couple days I'd ask him if he wanted to wear big boy underwear. One day he said yes. It seemed that it had clicked. We worked that one day and then he was done with diapers. It's so much easier on them and you to just wait until it clicks. You'll know when it does and when it does you'll do cartwheels! :o)

Shalantie said...

Well look at me, I have something to say about this issue even though I don't have kids yet. I've been through this with a 2 1/2 year old little boy and it stinks! (no pun intended). First I have to say that your friend melissa is right. You do need to wait until it clicks in them, but from the sounds of it, little trey knows what to do, it clicks with him. He obviously knows when he's going to poop- and he's even catching on to the fact that, "hey, sometimes when I toot, I poop too". From that kind of behavior, I would say he's ready. You can try the sticker chart and/or reward him when he actually does go poop! And of course, verbal rewards are sooo important too. I have a lot more to say about this matter, but i've made this comment long enough. If you want to chat about it more and trade horror stories (if you have any) then lets do!

The Bulkley Bunch said...

Michelle,

How the heck are you guys? We miss you! Your kids are getting so big. I can't believe you are potty training again. How is living in Vernal? Shoot me an email when you get a chance. We would love to hear how you are doing. Love, Cousin Jake B. & Wendi