Thursday, July 10, 2008

Raging Waters!!!

For the 4th of July, Spencer and I headed up to good ol' Salt Lake City. We left the kids with Grandma and Aunt Rachie so that we could have a much needed break. We had a blast! On the 4th we just headed to the park to watch the fire works. It was so crazy. There was like three park area's nearby that they did fireworks at. I thought the traffic was bad getting out of St. George's fireworks. Not even close. It was really fun though. We just enjoyed talking and laughing together. The fireworks were pretty, but we sure waited a long time for such a short show, then there was the walk to the car and trying to get home. Spencer jammed his toe into the side walk on the way back to the car and it cut it pretty good and there was a good amount of blood for a cut. Poor guy still had to walk the rest of the way to the car and we had nothing to put on it, so we just had to fight our way through traffic and wait til we were back to Valee's to bandage it up. Over all though, it was a fun night.

Then on the 5th we slept in and woke up to find Valee making us strawberry waffles, yummy! Then we got all ready and headed to Raging Waters. We had to wait outside til Valee's parents got there and their car broke down, so it took a while. We were waiting on them cause for Jordan and Valee's birthday every year they pay for everyone who goes and there were like thirty-something of us. So we made the best of it and snapped a bunch of pictures. I knew I wouldn't stop to do it inside the park, so it's good we took some outside the park. It was such a fun day. I love water parks. I could go on for quite some time about the day, but I won't. It was just so nice to get away and do something fun without having to chase kids everywhere and it was good to get together with some old friends.



This wasn't near all of us. Mostly people Spencer and I went to high school with and a few relatives of Valee's.


Anna, Valee, and Michelle...together again...what hotties!


We were trying to be creative, so of course, we did an original pyramid.


We talked the guys into showing some muscle. They all felt silly.


Then Valee, Anna and I decided to show some muscle. I ended up looking more like a gorilla. We had some good time though.

1 comments:

Shalantie said...

Ha, you didn't need me. Look how much fun you guys had. Everyone looks almost exactly the same from High school. That's a good thing though- we don't want to age too fast. I'm glad you guys got a break from the kids. i'm sorry we didn't get to hang out- I guess the timing was off and you guys had a busy schedule at FUN RAGING WATERS!