So, I've decided that since I'm in a new place and the only people around that I know are my family, I am putting myself out there to make some friends. It took me 3 years in Hurricane to really make any friends. How sad is that? Then finally Katie dragged me to church volleyball and we actually made some friends. I decided I did not want to be that way anymore. As hard as it is for me, I am putting myself out there so I don't have some of those same regrets later on. Every Wed. the moms in my ward have a playdate. They all get together and enjoy each others company while the kids all play together. I've thought about going, but I didn't want to go alone so I put it off. Then last week they decided to go to the splash park and I had been wanting to take my kids, so I decided once and for all I just needed to go. On the way there I started feeling a little anxious, but little Addi said we had to go cause I promised. So, we actually made it there. At first it was a little bit awkward, but then I really started to enjoy myself and got to talk to a lot of nice girls.
I also started a job yesterday and I just decided to talk to everyone and not be so stinkin' shy. It's a fun job, I think, and everyone was really nice. I am working for a wedding business and I just do whatever they need and he works me when I want and doesn't when I don't. That was perfect for me since I'm with my kids all day and my sister's most of the time too. Since most people get married on weekends, its easier to have someone to watch Addi and Trey. I don't really have to work, but extra money is always helpful and as much as I love my kids, it's nice to get away for a few hours and enjoy other adults company.
Anyway, that was a lot of writing. Now I'll get to the fun stuff, the pictures/video of the splash park.

This is what Treyson did almost the whole time. He loved the rainbow. It was so cold that day. Usually the sun is shining and pretty it's pretty hot, but not the day we choose to go to the splash park. It was overcast and windy and the water felt ice cold. It felt good just sitting outside, but being wet is a different story. Addison went in once and wouldn't go back in. Hardly any kids at all would even go in the water. So, it was funny how brave Treyson was and how much fun he was having.








1 comments:
That is SO stinkin cute! Mandy and I have been talking about going to the splash pad. And I am so happy that you are getting out there and making friends. But I still get to be your #2, right?
Post a Comment