Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A GOAL WORTH RUNNING FOR!


You probably have figured out from the picture/banner what it is...or maybe you've heard since I haven't stopped talking about it for the past week, lol! That's right! I am going to run in the St. George Marathon, although it's still a long time away. I'm hoping to be ready to do it by Oct. 2010! That gives me about 15 months to prepare. Don't worry, I'm not trying to start big. I will start small and build up to the big 26 mile race! I'm planning to do my first 5K in Sept or Oct. I'm VERY excited about it! I haven't been training for long, but I already love it! Having a small goal in the near future has kept me very motivated and excited. I will keep building up until I feel prepared to do the St. George Marathon. That seems a little crazy from where I am right now, but I know with the dedication and time I can achieve it.

3 comments:

Michele and Wyatt said...

What a great goal. Good luck with your training.

Marianne Gappmayer Thayne said...

You probably already know this, but you need to register by March (I think). Good luck to you!

Bryan and Candice said...

fun my sister runs in it every year i think this will be her 7th year.GOOD LUCK!