Ok, so it's been a while since I have done a post, mostly because I'm a slacker, but I am trying to get back into it. This is only going to be me rambling because I'm too tired to upload and edit the 300 pictures on my camera right now. I just figured I would update everyone on what is going on with us (at least what I can remember) and I'll work on adding pictures in the near future.
For starters I will let everyone know that Spencer was laid off 3 weeks ago. It's been kind of hard and scary, but we have been staying close to the lord and have had a lot of comfort from him. We were able to take off for 10 days and travel across the state to visit friends and family, as well as, look at options for us all over. We went to Lagoon with a bunch of Spencer's family, which was super fun and way good to see everybody and finally pick up our little Addison (who was in St. George for 2 weeks without us...that was tough!). Then we hung out in Salt Lake with our good friends Brandon and Valee for a few days looking around there for employment. We didn't really find much there that we felt good about so off we went to St. George. It was really good to spend some time with Spencer's parents and just enjoy being back home. We had one job offer there and planned on accepting it, but I couldn't get this nagging feeling out of my gut and after talking with Spencer and praying lots and lots about it, we decided for the time being it wasn't going to work out. Both of us weren't very happy about that because we wanted nothing more than to move back down south. Oh well. The lord seems to have something else in mind for us. After much praying and deliberation we feel like we're supposed to stay where we are. We were strongly prompted to move into where we did and really feel that we are supposed to stay, so we feel confident that the lord will provide a way. If not, then we are not very good at listening to him! We have a hopeful job opportunity we'll find more out about tomorrow, but since we know nothing at this time I will just have to update everyone on that later.
Also, we had a little boy turn 3 on July 3rd. That's right, Treyson is 3! Can you believe it? I can't! Time had flown right by! I remember so clearly the first time I saw my sweet little boy and It feels like only days ago. I love seeing him get older and all that is he learning, but at the same time it's sad to see how quickly my baby is growing up. I just have to cherish every moment with him because next thing I know he'll be all grown up. Anyway, Treyson had a great birthday and was sad when it ended. I made him a yummy breakfast and we let him practically plan the day, which of course involved swimming at the rec center. Although his poor cousin Dallin (who is 7) had to leave within five minutes of arriving because he cracked his head open on one of the slides and had to get 5 stitches in his head. I felt so bad. His main concern though was he wanted to get back and go swimming, lol. He has blood gushing out of his head and all he can think about is swimming. Anyway, we did the usual stuff like presents, cake, ice cream, and spoiling Treyson since it was his day. I'll try and post some pictures of his day later.
I guess that's pretty much what has been going on with us the past month and a half. Spencer and I will be going to Chicago for the Amateur (meaning drug tested) World Powerlifting Congress meet in Aug. We're way excited about that. It's an amazing opportunity where only 3 lifters from each country, in each weight class are able to compete. He had to earn a spot in the meet during his last competition and has been working hard training for the event. He is planning on breaking some more world records when he is there (he broke a world record in bench at the national meet last April). Anyway we are way excited and have had a lot of donations from friends, family and a few businesses so that we can get there and I just want everyone who has helped contribute to helping us get there to know how much we apprecitate it. This is a huge opportunity and without the help of those contributing we would have to miss it, especially with Spencer out of work. So THANK YOU SO MUCH! There are two specific people I want to mention at this time and that is Spencer's mom Sue Ann and Darcy Powell. You two have helped so much to make this happen and you will never know how much it means to Spencer and I, so once again THANK YOU!
That complete's my ramblings for the night and I'm off to bed now. I'll try to be better at keeping things updated so I don't have to play catch up!




0 comments:
Post a Comment