Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Addison's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Addison Started kindergarten today. Can you believe it? My little baby is growing up so fast. Of course I took quite a few pictures this morning and had a hard time just picking one, but I managed to pick my top 3 at least. She had a great day and absolutely loved it. She learned to do push ups, sit ups and some other exercise I don't know the name for. She had to show me right away. I went to pick her up today and couldn't find her. I was starting to get worried so I asked the teachers out front and they helped me find her. She was on the bus! I thought we were going to slowly work towards taking the bus, but I guess not. She went cold turkey. They lady helping me got her off the bus and I asked her if she wanted to ride the bus or ride home with me and she wanted to ride the bus with her new friend. So I went and waited for her at the bus stop and she walked the two blocks home while I followed behind like a worrisome mother. It was a happy, yet emotional day for me. I was so excited for her yet sad to see my baby growing up so quickly. Addison is so smart, such a sweetheart and so full of life. I'm sure she will have a great year in kindergarten.

I asked Addison where she wanted to take a picture and she picked by what we call "The Addison Tree". It's a tree that her and my mom planted together this summer and Addison picked the name of the tree.


1 comments:

Shalantie said...

Cute! I can not believe that Addison is in school now! She looks adorable- I love her outfit. We need to talk soon, It's been a while since we've caught up.