Thursday, November 5, 2009

Another Update

If your anything like me and are anxiously awaiting any news at all, than it's probably been driving you crazy not knowing what's going on since my last blog update. Well, really we don't know very much more. Things got put off a little again, but my dad finally starts chemo tomorrow. We found out today that he is not going to be getting the extra dosage/experimental drug. He still will be part of the research, he will just be the part that doesn't get the drug. I'm not sure if this is good or bad and I don't fully understand it all. I know we have been praying that my dad will have to do the minimal suffering and with the experimental drug he would probably be lots sicker, but on the other hand it could have increased his life. Once again though, it's in the lords hands so he will be here as long as he is meant to be. I also haven't mentioned (because I wasn't told this til after my last blog) that his cancer is at a stage 4. That is the worst stage it could be at. Anytime it spreads from one organ to another it is considered stage 4. This past week my dad has been to two appointments, but we really haven't learned much more. They wanted to do another pet scan and some other types of scans, but I'm not really sure why. My dad says, "Just because they can!" Anyway, he has learned some useful information at these appointments as far as diet and exercise type stuff, but really nothing is new. Like I said, he starts chemo tomorrow (friday the 6th) and I will continue to keep everyone updated. If there isn't an update, it's not because I forgot, it's just because I don't really know anything new. Once again, thank you for all your prayers, love and support!

2 comments:

Trista said...

Guys you are in my prayers.. Cancer is such a scary thing. It really just makes you place your trust in the Lord and know that he knows what he is doing, but, at the same time doctors have amazing tools they can use to help fight or at least help comfort the life that is left.. Thanks for the updates and keep your head up.

Marianne Gappmayer Thayne said...

Michelle I read your words and feel of your tremendous love for your dad. I would like to add his name to the prayer roll will you send it to me. Take Care!