We got the result from my dads PET Scan and the news wasn't what we had hoped for. It showed that there is a large tumor in his Pancreas. So, he technically has Pancreatic cancer that has spread to the liver. The doctor didn't say much about it except that the treatment and the outcome remains the same. My parents decided to put off the chemo until next week after they get a second opinion from Huntsman Cancer Institute, (which is on monday). Because of insurance coverage, all of my dads tests have to be done at Huntmans and while there they felt there was a better support system and just overall felt better there, which is why they decided to get a second opinion from them. Things will probably be the same, but if they feel better about Huntsmans, then I think they are better off going there even if results will be the same. All the info I have now is from internet research, so I will wait to go into more detail once the doctor has explained more about my dads individual situation.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment