Monday, April 27, 2009

Addison is 6!

Addison turned 6 years old on April 24th! I can't believe my baby girl is getting so big! I will start by telling you a quick story. I have been trying for 2 years to teach Addison to ride a 2 wheel bike. Well, she was too scared and the second she knew I would let go she would lean to one side and jump off the bike. She kept getting mad at me for letting go, but that's kind of the point, to ride on your own. Well, I told her if she would learn to ride a two wheeler I would buy her a bike for her birthday. She wanted one, but still wouldn't really let me help her so I quit and told her to have her dad help her. She didn't want that either. She tried over and over to teach herself, but didn't seem to be making progress. She would get excited and tell me that she did it, so I would watch and she would go a few inches and fall over. I just told her to keep at it. Well, on the Monday before her birthday she came and told me the same thing, so I went out to watch expecting the same thing. Well, I was wrong, she rode all the way across the drive way! I was shocked! She actually taught herself and 4 days before her birthday. After that, she just kept going and going.



So, now we are to Addison's birthday. I kept my promise to her. She got a new bike for her birthday. Before her bike was too little and now it's a little to big, but I couldn't find any in-between. She can still ride it, but it makes me a little nervous. She didn't even hesitate, she just jumped on and went. We told her she had one present to open when Spencer came home for lunch and when he got there she was so excited. We hurried and snuck the bike into the garage and told her we were going out to lunch first (she picked Pizza Hut). She was disappointed but when along with it anyway. I was waiting in the garage when her and Spencer came out and she saw her bike. She loved it! Watching her ride it about gave me a heart attach though. From now on she has to wear her helmet and pads to ride it.

That night we had most of my side of the family together and had poppyseed chicken for dinner and had cake and ice cream for dessert. She opened the rest of her presents and then the kids played and played til it was time to go home.

Hope you had a good birthday, Addi! We love you!

4 comments:

Michele and Wyatt said...

Happy Birthday Addison! That pink bike is so cute. She will outgrow it before you know it.

Shalantie said...

Wow, Addi has really grown up. I feel like I haven't seen her forever, but looking at these pictures, I can say that she looks SO much like YOU Michelle :) She's quite the pretty girl. And it looks like she had a great birthday! I'm glad she figured out how to ride a bike!

Katie Dotson said...

Oh my! Why does she have to grow up? I am seriously in tears right now. I miss that darling girl. I remember when I ffirst met her. She was so precious and adorable. I miss you guys SO bad! Please come and visit me! I love you Addi! Happy Birthday!

Marianne Gappmayer Thayne said...

Well, I can't believe she is 6. Now I will put her b-date on my calendar and send a little something. I loved the bike riding. You are a great mother and have a great little family you and your wonderful husband should be very proud!